1. BOOKING AT WONDERDAL
1.1. How to book at Wonderdal
For more than ten children, you must make a booking. These bookings are subject to separate terms and conditions. If you would like to make a group booking you can do so via the website or by contacting us at 021 205 5624 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can book for a specific session of two hours. We will confirm your booking when we receive your payment.
When you book make sure that you have the following information:
- the name and email address of the person making the booking
- the name and birth date of the child you are booking for
- the name and telephone number of the person who will be collecting the child
- the name and telephone number of an emergency contact
1.2. How many children can you book for?
Wonderdal can accommodate 120 children per session. Booking for more than 10 children is considered a group booking, which means that this policy applies. If you are booking for less than 10 children, the General Policy will apply.
1.3. Who can make the booking?
Anybody can book a session for any child. However, if you are not the parent or guardian of a child who will visit Wonderdal, you must have the permission of the child’s parent or guardian to make the booking on behalf of their child, to share the child’s personal information with us, and to bring the child to Wonderdal. You must also bring these terms and conditions to the attention of the parent or guardian.
1.4. Can you reschedule your booking?
You can reschedule your booking up to 24 hours prior to your session. Whether you can secure a different session will depend on availability.
1.5. How to cancel your booking
You can cancel your booking four weeks prior to your session with a full refund.
If you cancel your booking between two and four weeks prior to your session, 50% of the price will be refunded. You will also be given the option to reschedule the session.
You cannot cancel or reschedule your booking within two weeks of the session. If you miss your session, you will not be refunded.
1.6. What happens if you are late for a session?
It is important that you are on time for your session. The sessions start every round hour. If you arrive late for your session, you will not be allowed to stay longer.
1.7. What if there is an emergency?
If a child is injured at Wonderdal, we will notify the emergency contact. A first aid kit for the treatment of minor injuries is available on the premises.
If a child is seriously injured, a Wonderdal employee will first contact emergency services and thereafter the emergency contact for the child.
A disclaimer: Medical treatment
Wonderdal is not responsible for
- the quality of the emergency assistance provided by Wonderdal staff
- any costs relating to the treatment of the child, even if there was no time to approve the expense with the adult responsible for the child
2. COLLECTION OF THE CHILDREN
We have a strict policy for the collection of children. This is for the safety of the children.
2.1. Who may collect the children?
When the children are dropped off at the Centre, we will ask the adult who brings the children to confirm who will collect them. The person who will collect the children will be send an sms with a 4 digit code. When the children are collected, this 4 digit code must be presented.
2.2. What if someone else is going to collect the children?
If someone else is going to collect the children, the sms with the 4 digit code must be forwarded to them or you can notify us of the change by calling 021 205 5624 and we will forward the code.
If the session ends and someone arrives to collect the children without the 4 digit code, we will follow this procedure:
- We will ask the children if they are familiar with the person. If we get a satisfactory response, we will allow the children to leave. We will record the name and identity document of this person.
- If we are not satisfied that the children know the adult, we will contact the person on our system who was supposed to collect the children to confirm the identity of the person who has arrived to collect them.
- If we cannot reach the person on our system, we will contact the emergency contact listed on our system to confirm the identity of the person who has arrived to collect the children.
- We will enter the details of the adult who collected the children on our system.
We will not allow the children to leave until either the person on our system or the emergency contact could confirm the new arrangement. While we resolve the issue, the children will be under the supervision of Wonderdal staff.
If we cannot resolve the issue we will contact the Department of Social Development or the South African Police Service.
Please note that a late collection fee will be payable
If we cannot confirm the new arrangement, a late collection fee will become payable. Please refer to paragraph 2.3. for more information.
2.3. What if you are late when you collect the children?
When the session ends, the children must wait in the designated area that is supervised by Wonderdal staff until you arrive. If no one arrives after 10 minutes
- we will contact the person on our system who was supposed to collect the children,
- if we cannot reach the person on our system, we will contact the emergency contact listed on our system, and
- if we still cannot reach someone to come and collect the children, we will follow the rest of the process outlined in paragraph 2.
Please note that a late collection fee will be payable
If you are more than 10 minutes late, a late collection fee of R220 per child will be payable for every 15 minutes or part thereof.